A COMMON QUESTION I get all the time is “How do you do it all?”
Don’t get me wrong being a wife, mom to two young kids, blogger, business owner and full-time student while commuting every day is enough to drive one bananas but the truth is you CAN do it!
Here are my 5 main answers to the question: “Breanne, How do you do it all?”
- I push myself: When I have something that is important to me that I want to accomplish I make it a priority. My competitive, ambitious, impatient type A personality drives me to get things done but I could not do any of it without my A-team. It truly does take a village and I am so fortunate to have a large one.
- I Delegate: I am getting better at knowing when to shut down, say “no”, and replenish myself. Please ask for help when you need it. I promise you by asking for help and having a lifeline you will be able to be a better person for everyone you serve.
- I schedule in “mommy’s me time”: In this time I usually blog about a recent experience, shower or literally do nothing. My husband knows when I come home to take the kids and just allow me some space to unwind. After this time I can be a much better wife and mother.
- I Exercise!!: I’m a firm believer that anyone can be in phenomenal shape, no matter HOW busy their life is. Despite my crazy life as a mom of two, blogger, and entrepreneur, I have discovered how to be in the best shape of my life in 25 – 30 minutes per day. I’m on a mission to help every woman find time to prioritize herself and walk confidently in her own skin because no matter our shapes and sizes, we ALL deserve to feel BEAUTIFUL!
- I Am Held Accountable: Oftentimes, the biggest piece that holds people back from reaching their health and fitness goals is a lack of accountability. As a coach, I create a safe place for people to be held accountable and I see lives change! I hold others accountable and they expect me to be there for them. The best part of my groups is I get to witness people transform into the best shape of their lives!
For the past couple months I have been in overdrive working on creating an awesome website, supporting women in labor, and running a fitness business, while caring for and nursing a baby or two.
Ironically, many of my blog posts are on women’s health, adrenal fatigue, overwhelm, thyroid support and exhaustion.
I write between nursing, diaper changes, playing, and seeing patients. My planner is full of dot-jots and my iPhone is packed with lists of reminders (thank goodness for Siri). But the truth is one person can only accomplish so much at one time. This is where it is important to be aware of your energy comfort zone. No one will be disappointed if you hit the pause button, it happens.
As a mom, I understand the desire for perfectionism, fear of missing out and wanting to do everything. It is important to self-reflect and recognize when sacrificing to “do it all” while doing nothing “well”.
As women it’s important to be transparent with each other, be supportive and love ourselves and one another for being imperfect.
We need to be supportive and have the confidence to hit the pause button when we need to. I’ve been there through the sleepless nights, constant demanding schedule and have experienced the feeling of being pulled in every direction.
The truth is with the right support, attitude, and determination you CAN do it all without losing yourself in the process. I want you to be the woman who “does it all” and knows when to hit pause when you really need to. Let me embrace your imperfections and support you on your journey!